I didn’t post a March blog progress report because I let my feelings get the better of myself and was feeling a bit down about my overall progress. But here I am back with a blog update. Friends, this is not the best post I’ve ever written! Overall I haven’t been as active with the blog as I want to be. When all of my back issues started happening in February it ran into a season of busyness and then feeling disappointed and not sure what to do next.
I’ve blogged for my photography business and as a hobby long enough to know what doesn’t work. When I started to feel like I wasn’t picking up steam I started wondering about what I could do differently. I’ve been pulling away from a few different groups that I was trying to connect in that I was putting more into than I was getting back. I’ve also begun researching some different training and courses that I can invest in.
Let’s get into the blog numbers. These will be for March-April. To read the February report click here.
- Blog Posts: 9 (vs 6 in February)
- Clearly I dropped the ball here big time. I had someone reach out to me about joining a blogging challenge. I was reluctant but decided to give it a go. In the end I really wished I hadn’t because the content, tho something I wanted to blog about eventually, ended up feeling like a chore to complete. The content kind of sucked me dry and put me in a place I didn’t love.
- Pageviews: 588 (vs February 272)
- Overall page views are up, with an average of 294 each month. It’s pretty amazing considering the severe lack of content I’ve create or put out there. I believe that this is mostly from my Pinterest traffic.
- Pinterest: February 448 (vs February 391)
- I am still confused by Pinterest and Board Booster. I did a little bit of training for Board Booster and went ahead and set up looping and a did some scheduled pins. Overall I’m not in love with BB but for lack of anything else have continued with it. Approximatly 58% of my overall traffic in March & April came from Pinterest and I attribute that to the pins I’ve got set up on Board Booster.
- Instagram: 386 (vs February 206)
- I did do quite a bit of Instagram engagement in March and some in April to help grow the following. I’ve backed off some and have still seen a little bit of growth. I’m a little unsure if I should continue to focus here or not.
- Facebook: 76 (vs February 72)
- I went up 4 likes on the Facebook page. I put very little into the facebook page and add very little content there so I’m 100% fine with whatever number it ends up being.
- Email Subscribers: 14 (vs February 11 )
- Since I haven’t gotten my freebie set up yet I haven’t been pushing anyone towards the email list yet. I gained 3 new subscribers this month, which is great because they are all people I don’t know
Finances are still in the red but that’s still to be expected. None of the numbers below are impressive but I still believe that they show that there is potential.
- Amazon Affiliate: $0
- I haven’t done much with Amazon yet. I’ve added a few misc links but so far have preferred the ease of the widgets I can create on Shop Style Collective. I need to utilize it more or they will revoke my account. Yikes.
- Shop Style Collective: $0.30 (represents 6 sales)
- I love the ease of use of their site and the widgets make great additions to my post. Will continue to utilize this heavily in the future.
- Google Ad Sense: $3.90 (vs .94 February)
- When I joined the March blogging challenge I initially received a lot of hits to my website. My ad sense account spiked overnight! (Isn’t it funny how such a small amount of money feels like a spike when you’re talking about blog revenue?! haha)
April Blogging Goals:
- Blog at least one time a week. Ideally I’d be posting 2-3x a week but for now I want to be realistic and make sure I can at minimum create new content one time a week.
- Invest in Pinterest Training
- Release Email Freebie
- I currently have two workbooks that are close to being released. I need to buckle down and get something finished!
Thanks for hanging with me friends!